WILD BOAR PROCEED WITH CAUTION
They are wild animals. Please take extra care, especially when you are out walking your dogs.
- Stay on the open tracks and pathways.
- Do not let your dogs run off into the bracken where they could disturb any boar that may be lying up there.
- Keep the boundary gates shut at all times.
- Never attempt to feed them, or leave food out for them.
If you encounter a boar, follow this advice from Forestry England
- Do not approach them. Go back the way you came or go around them, giving them a wide berth.
- Put your dog on a lead as soon as you see one or they may get scared and react.
- Keep to a safe distance particularly if your dog chases or does not respond to calls immediately.