WILD BOAR PROCEED WITH CAUTION
There has been a marked increase in wild boar sightings and signs of their activity on the Common this year.
They are wild animals. We are presently locating and endeavouring to secure the places where they have broken through from surrounding woodland, but please take extra care, especially when you are out walking your dogs.
- Stay on the open tracks and pathways.
- Do not let your dogs run off into the bracken where they could disturb any boar that may be lying up there.
- Keep the boundary gates shut at all times.
- Never attempt to feed them, or leave food out for them.
If you encounter a boar, follow this advice from Forestry England
- Do not approach them. Go back the way you came or go around them, giving them a wide berth.
- Put your dog on a lead as soon as you see one or they may get scared and react.
- Keep to a safe distance particularly if your dog chases or does not respond to calls immediately.