There are many ways you can contribute to the quality of life in the Parish of Staunton.
- Report problems you come across in the Parish. There are a number of options of how to do this, and who to contact on our Report It page
- Volunteer. There are lots of ways you can make a positive contribution
Find out and attend
- Find out what’s going on in the Parish. Our website is a good source of up-to-date information on current initiatives we are involved with.
- Attend a Parish Council meeting or come to the Annual Parish Meeting. If you feel strongly about an issue, you are permitted to make a statement or ask the Council a question during Council Meeting’s. The Annual Parish Meeting offers you the chance to meet and ask questions of your Councillors and other local representatives.
Become a Councillor
- Finally, you may be interested in becoming a Parish Councillor yourself. There are two routes to this. Firstly, and most usually, you put yourself forward for election. Elections take place every 4 years. Secondly, if a position becomes vacant outside of this time, the Council will advertise for a person to be co opted to Council. More Information on the role and the process is available from the Parish Clerk.